Quick ready-made way to place copies over a mesh. Just an addition to what is found here: http://xsisupport.com/2011/12/14/ice-mo ... er-object/
I've made this to ease up when I model with instances in LightWave and want to replicate them in SI without baking them.
Right now this serves me fine but some stuff I would like to understand:
A - Modify>Poly.Mesh>Turn Polygons Internal Edges does nothing to rotate the copies. So what controls the Polygons Reference Frame orientation?
B - Shuffling an Array of Indices.
Cheers
pb_CopiesOnTarget
Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)
pb_CopiesOnTarget Places an instance randomly picked from a group of objects on each polygon of a target
mesh.
[..] just an addition to what is found here: http://xsisupport.com/2011/12/14/ice-modeling-placing-copies-on-another-object/. I've made this to ease up when I model with instances in LightWave and want to replicate them in SI without baking them.
local backup: pb_CopiesOnTarget.xsicompound
[..] just an addition to what is found here: http://xsisupport.com/2011/12/14/ice-modeling-placing-copies-on-another-object/. I've made this to ease up when I model with instances in LightWave and want to replicate them in SI without baking them.
local backup: pb_CopiesOnTarget.xsicompound
-
probiner
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52
pb_CopiesOnTarget
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
xdxucn
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 08:10
Re: pb_CopiesOnTarget
WOW, so neat compound. Is it possible to duplicate several different objects randomly on vertex? 
-
probiner
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52
Re: pb_CopiesOnTarget
Only now I've noticed I've posted in the wrong section... If some mod sees this, seems that this is the proper place, sorry: https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=19
@xdxucn
It's possible. Using a group and getting its topology array and selecting one from it randomly. Looking into adding this, just will have to check the UV transfer support.
Cheers
@xdxucn
It's possible. Using a group and getting its topology array and selecting one from it randomly. Looking into adding this, just will have to check the UV transfer support.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.