Create Copies from Polygon Mesh and subdivision

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Create Copies from Polygon Mesh and subdivision

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 05 Oct 2013, 16:54

I'm trying to copy an unsubdivided polygon mesh with the Create_Copies_from_Polygon_Mesh node. after struggling with copying UVs and a broken image node in the rendertree I now want to subdivide (geometry approximation) my result and/or my source but I'm getting this warning:

// WARNING : Wrong element count for the ICE cluster property on object plank_clones. Please make sure that the object is not subdivided

And my texture mapping is broken.

Is it possible at all to use this node with subd geometry? I can't even create a subdivision object from my result, because the operator will not transfer ICE generated UVs or Material IDs.
I'm now part of an endangered species...