hi,
i had heatmaps of a ground scan where each layer is a certain depth in the ground.
I made a small program in java to clean things up. Here is the result
It's for a penplot, but at it's current state it still has to many edges so i want to clean it up.
Let's say i have 2 boxes:
Then box A touches box B. In this case i could do a boolean union. But i was wondering if there is another way? Since i have more objects then i can count...
The reason i want to merge is that i have a plugin for sketchup to get rid of coplanar edges.
To make it even harder, the thing is one mesh.
But i could probably make a script to import coordinates of the boxes with their sizes.
Either way, it's for a exhibition that starts next week so any help is welcome.
union overlapping spots
-
clankill3r
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 21 Oct 2012, 13:36
union overlapping spots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: union overlapping spots
Maybe topolizer or polygonzer can do something for you. It may be worth a look. Maybe Eric has an idea:
http://www.mootzoid.com/
I also remember he made a tool once to convert a mesh into vertexes without the faces, maybe you can use that to remesh, but otherwise I've no idea.
http://www.mootzoid.com/
I also remember he made a tool once to convert a mesh into vertexes without the faces, maybe you can use that to remesh, but otherwise I've no idea.
I'm now part of an endangered species...