Sneak peak
Houdini 13
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: Houdini 13
That Houdini has great particles we know ... I'm expecting more stuff in different areas I guess. But the teaser is good.
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: Houdini 13
I guess he's only letting people know that a new sneak peak is coming, not that he'll want to change.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Houdini 13
Yep. Why so touchy Falam? this is industry news and any major release is posted.
-
Falam
Re: Houdini 13
It was written in a casual form.Bullit wrote:Yep. Why so touchy Falam? this is industry news and any major release is posted.
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Houdini 13
$1995 for all those features (everything except simulation stuff if I'm not mistaken) is a great deal.
The only thing keeping me away from Houdini right now is its modeling workflow which is clunky and unintuitive (as far as I can tell at least) coupled with a complete lack of tutorials regarding modeling. There are some 'procedural modeling' tuts out there but that's more glorification of the node system, not a "traditional" way of poly modeling.
I need something fast and reliable like poly modeling in Softimage is. Even Maya's idiotic in some regards - I can't stand the fact that I'm in point mode of one object and if I click somewhere near a point, Maya selects an object in the background. It's small stuff like these that I know people have complained multiple times about, but like usually, Autodesk has simply ignored them.
The only thing keeping me away from Houdini right now is its modeling workflow which is clunky and unintuitive (as far as I can tell at least) coupled with a complete lack of tutorials regarding modeling. There are some 'procedural modeling' tuts out there but that's more glorification of the node system, not a "traditional" way of poly modeling.
I need something fast and reliable like poly modeling in Softimage is. Even Maya's idiotic in some regards - I can't stand the fact that I'm in point mode of one object and if I click somewhere near a point, Maya selects an object in the background. It's small stuff like these that I know people have complained multiple times about, but like usually, Autodesk has simply ignored them.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Houdini 13
It's even without particles. That's all in the fx version, which leves you with modelling, rendering and character animation, not their strongest sides sadly.McNistor wrote:$1995 for all those features (everything except simulation stuff if I'm not mistaken) is a great deal.
The only thing keeping me away from Houdini right now is its modeling workflow which is clunky and unintuitive (as far as I can tell at least) coupled with a complete lack of tutorials regarding modeling. There are some 'procedural modeling' tuts out there but that's more glorification of the node system, not a "traditional" way of poly modeling.
I need something fast and reliable like poly modeling in Softimage is. Even Maya's idiotic in some regards - I can't stand the fact that I'm in point mode of one object and if I click somewhere near a point, Maya selects an object in the background. It's small stuff like these that I know people have complained multiple times about, but like usually, Autodesk has simply ignored them.
Anyway what I like about sidefx is that they know what they are doing best and stick to it, even if the market is very small. That's a company for (technical) artists.
Maya modelling? NVils has a better modelling toolset than maya with the new toolbox. That would be a good companion for maya or houdini... ;)
I'm now part of an endangered species...