Null scaling by audio TRACK

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
jmquintela
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 19:29
Skype: jm_quintela

Null scaling by audio TRACK

Post by jmquintela » 25 Sep 2013, 23:24

Hello.
I'm trying to animate the scale of a null by a value that's created by a audio track connected to the waveTOspectrum compound.
The setup is simple: a sim ice tree to simulate and cache the value (Track_sim) , another ice tree to play the cache (Track_cache) a third cache place on the null to input the values and drive the scaling, and a last ice tree with a boolean value that switch between Simulation and Cache playback.

And my problems are:
- first: if I don't display the values of the Tracks inside the null (track_sim.Track and Track_cache.Track) it doesn't retrieve the values, nothing happends...
- second : When I switch to simulation mode all works, but when I'm on cache mode the cache values are stepped ,they jump and stay on fixed values for a few frames, jump again , stay.. soo they are not the more smooth values of the Simulation, a cache problem I guess.. I check "Play all frames", and the caches file writing/reading, all it's set fine, but still the values are not been written correctly..
-third: My last inquiry is that I want to smooth out the values so the scaling can happend more smothly, to do some kind of averaging on the track values, I haven't thougth of anything on this regard, but if you know a worrkflow already please I will be happy to hear, Of course a ice process because I don't know nothing about Cubase and audio programs sooo.

That's it mainly :). I attach the pic of the tree, thank in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Null scaling by audio TRACK

Post by Bullit » 26 Sep 2013, 02:43

For smoothing you can use the rescale node. Look on Claude scenes.

jmquintela
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 19:29
Skype: jm_quintela

Re: Null scaling by audio TRACK

Post by jmquintela » 26 Sep 2013, 04:59

Thanks Bullit, I will look for those :) , thanks!