Vray 3

News concerning 3D DCC business
azurecgi
Posts: 171
Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11

Vray 3

Post by azurecgi » 09 Sep 2013, 12:33

Not sure when we might see this, seeing as development seems to have stalled at v1.6, but Vray are beta testing Vray 3.0 for Max!

Their new pricing policy for v3 is quite scary though for those of us that use the render nodes!

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Vray 3

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 09 Sep 2013, 15:50

azurecgi wrote:Not sure when we might see this, seeing as development seems to have stalled at v1.6, but Vray are beta testing Vray 3.0 for Max!

Their new pricing policy for v3 is quite scary though for those of us that use the render nodes!
Actually I find the pricing policy quite moderate given the new features and the unified concept.
I'm now part of an endangered species...

User avatar
mixepix
Posts: 78
Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
Location: Sweden

Re: Vray 3

Post by mixepix » 09 Sep 2013, 17:30

So, what is the new price then? And unified? Does this mean that you don't need to buy a license for every software that you use? Link?
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Vray 3

Post by xsisupport » 09 Sep 2013, 17:43

http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray3_beta.html

url tags omitted intentionally ;)
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

User avatar
mixepix
Posts: 78
Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
Location: Sweden

Re: Vray 3

Post by mixepix » 09 Sep 2013, 18:01

Thanks! Duh. I'm so stupid. I don't understand how I could miss those big buttons the first time.
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen

angus_davidson
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
Skype: ithacapellin

Re: Vray 3

Post by angus_davidson » 10 Sep 2013, 15:18

mixepix wrote:Thanks! Duh. I'm so stupid. I don't understand how I could miss those big buttons the first time.
They were obviously hiding in plain sight. bastards!
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University