I was thinking of getting myself an Alienware 18. Is there anyone on the forum with experience?
cheers
Aienware 18
-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Aienware 18
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Aienware 18
I've worked on one in the past with Softimage and had no problems. Most critisicms I hear about them is that they are too expensive.
Also, they are owned by Dell and I hear Dell are in financial trouble. Might be a problem for the warranty in future.
Also, they are owned by Dell and I hear Dell are in financial trouble. Might be a problem for the warranty in future.
-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Re: Aienware 18
Ok, thanks! Do you have any other notebook suggestions?
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
-
Grims
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 18 Dec 2012, 14:57
- Location: Portugal
Re: Aienware 18
I have an Alienware MX17 and Softimage always runs smoothly for me.
If I needed to buy a new laptop for me today, I would definitely buy the new Alienware 18 without looking back...
If I needed to buy a new laptop for me today, I would definitely buy the new Alienware 18 without looking back...
The Future is Gloomy!
-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Re: Aienware 18
Thanks, for the feedback! Alienware seems like a pretty solid choice. 
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Aienware 18
Expensive like others said. If you are on a budget and need power nothing beats a Clevo.
-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Re: Aienware 18
I'v actually checked them out as well but I think that I will go for power. 
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Aienware 18
Well Clevos are powerful, specially the P series with SLI GPU cards, but the W series can have a 4900Q CPU and a GT 765/Optimus very good for 3D and some battery.
-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Re: Aienware 18
Hmm, maybe I should do some more reading online before making my final decision. 
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
-
Paulrus
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 09:41
Re: Aienware 18
I've been looking at replacement laptops myself. Right now the #1 on my list has to be the Razer Blade Pro. I know it's billed as a gaming laptop, but it's got some amazing specs and it's super thin: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems ... blade-pro/
-Paul
-Paul
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Aienware 18
Haha i saw today a review of it , in my favorite laptop forum. Which btw is a very good forum to ask questions and get support with thousand of users of various manufacturers and their models, for example Alienware subforum has over 800000 posts, Clevo has almost 400000 etc...
Review is here:
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.a ... ing+laptop
The "adaptive" keypad is very interesting and i would like to try it but it has some limitations for a 3d user:RAM, card reader.
While the forum of that link is the best place to ask questions, the best review site is the German- English version- website http://www.notebookcheck.net/
Review is here:
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.a ... ing+laptop
The "adaptive" keypad is very interesting and i would like to try it but it has some limitations for a 3d user:RAM, card reader.
While the forum of that link is the best place to ask questions, the best review site is the German- English version- website http://www.notebookcheck.net/
-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Re: Aienware 18
I really like the design of the Razor Blade Pro, but I wish that they made it possible to upgrade the RAM. 8 GB is not enough for me.
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen