offset of a object ruins things

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
clankill3r
Posts: 131
Joined: 21 Oct 2012, 13:36

offset of a object ruins things

Post by clankill3r » 04 Sep 2013, 19:40

Sorry for the poor title.
I made a deformer, where it's possible to deform with a null. When the object is at position 0,0,0 all works fine. When i move the object things go wrong.
I remember something had to be done with multiply vector by matrix but i can't figure it out exactly. I also believe paul smith handled this in a move but i can't find it back.

Does someone know what i mean? And if so can you describe what to do.
If it helps i can give the compound.

User avatar
nixx
Posts: 42
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:25

Re: offset of a object ruins things

Post by nixx » 05 Sep 2013, 02:13

If you 're getting the .pointposition of the object's points (and you probably are), then you have to multiply that position by the object's srt matrix (yourobject.kine.global). Otherwise the .pointposition will only return the local position of the points, relative to the object space.
I 'm child, and man, and child again; the boy never gets older.

my Vimeo

clankill3r
Posts: 131
Joined: 21 Oct 2012, 13:36

Re: offset of a object ruins things

Post by clankill3r » 05 Sep 2013, 03:46

I tried what you said but i still got the problem. You can notice it when selecting all 3 objects in the scene and move them around. The box wil move faster.
I added the scene as an attachment, could someone take a look?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.