actually MipMapping is for the same texture but for different resolutions, right?
Means, as closer I get, the higher resolutions gets choosen, but the texture is the same.
But what, if I have something like in the image I attached?
Is there a clever and fast way to get that to work?
Because I have to go much much closer as in the example and sometimes its quite enoying couse the image is HUUUGE
The tiles are always tiled in horizontal and vertical one time and getting better resolution as closer I get (the example image does not show final resolution, just scaled it ^^).
Right now I fit the explicit projection to get what I want - but it is not realy accurate as closer I get.
I thought, I could just use the same projection as the original sphere has, extract the polygon (in example the slected one) and somehow manage the correct projection in the texture itself...
Dont get it
Any ideas?
Thx alot!