http://www.twinkind.com/en/landing
Kinda nice...
The scanning technology is interesting for asset creation. Anyone have a clue which photogrammetric software they might be using? They say it's "custom-engineered"... shouldn't there be other ootb solutions by now?
Twinkind
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: Twinkind
I haven't looked into it, but I think there's a "pro" version of 123D Catch. I was reading the Autodesk M&E magazine from Siggraph and they interviewed the guy from Realviz asking what's happened since aquisition.
There's also a program from Russia, but I can't recall the name. I believe someone mentioned it on cgtalk, not wanting to upload their stuff to the Autodesk cloud.
Kinect can give you a good base to start with; I'm waiting for the new Kinect2 for Windows next year....
Yesterday, I saw that Makerbot is selling a scanner for figurines. Seems expensive ($1400) and the quality seemed so-so to me. http://store.makerbot.com/digitizer.html
There's also a program from Russia, but I can't recall the name. I believe someone mentioned it on cgtalk, not wanting to upload their stuff to the Autodesk cloud.
Kinect can give you a good base to start with; I'm waiting for the new Kinect2 for Windows next year....
Yesterday, I saw that Makerbot is selling a scanner for figurines. Seems expensive ($1400) and the quality seemed so-so to me. http://store.makerbot.com/digitizer.html