xsibatch = distributed rendering?

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
wannabeArtist
Posts: 98
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 06:34
Location: Finland

xsibatch = distributed rendering?

Post by wannabeArtist » 21 Dec 2009, 20:09

I was just tipped to check out this wiki page on a multicore matter and stumbled on XSIBatch.

Indeed my the license manager claims that I have 5 xsibatch licenses included with my XSI (I had no idea :-o ). But does this mean I could slice my render time to 1/4 by having four additional PCs munching on the scene, or better yet just one additional quad-core PC?

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: xsibatch = distributed rendering?

Post by xsisupport » 21 Dec 2009, 22:11

wannabeArtist wrote:I was just tipped to check out this wiki page on a multicore matter and stumbled on XSIBatch.

Indeed my the license manager claims that I have 5 xsibatch licenses included with my XSI (I had no idea :-o ). But does this mean I could slice my render time to 1/4 by having four additional PCs munching on the scene, or better yet just one additional quad-core PC?
It means you could have 5 computers rendering frames. One additional quad core would take just one Batch license.

TS13550180 Softimage render licensing
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

wannabeArtist
Posts: 98
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 06:34
Location: Finland

Re: xsibatch = distributed rendering?

Post by wannabeArtist » 22 Dec 2009, 14:52

That's great!

Although I'm still on 7.01 and the page only lists 7.5 and 2010.

User avatar
farhaad_yousefi
Posts: 178
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 20:45
Yahoo Messenger: farhaad_yousefi@yahoo.com
Location: tehran-iran

Re: xsibatch = distributed rendering?

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 12 Feb 2010, 14:03

i remember an script or add on called xsi batch server that even had an avi tutorial by (i think chinny)
but is there any update for softimage 2010?
or even any link from the old versions.?! :ymdaydream:

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: xsibatch = distributed rendering?

Post by xsisupport » 12 Feb 2010, 16:42

farhaad_yousefi wrote:i remember an script or add on called xsi batch server that even had an avi tutorial by (i think chinny)
but is there any update for softimage 2010?
or even any link from the old versions.?! :ymdaydream:
BatchServe was EOL (end of life) years ago.
You can get it here if you really want it: http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/ind ... BatchServe
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

User avatar
farhaad_yousefi
Posts: 178
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 20:45
Yahoo Messenger: farhaad_yousefi@yahoo.com
Location: tehran-iran

Re: xsibatch = distributed rendering?

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 13 Feb 2010, 05:39

xsisupport wrote:
farhaad_yousefi wrote:i remember an script or add on called xsi batch server that even had an avi tutorial by (i think chinny)
but is there any update for softimage 2010?
or even any link from the old versions.?! :ymdaydream:
BatchServe was EOL (end of life) years ago.
You can get it here if you really want it: http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/ind ... BatchServe

thanks a lot #:-s but what's the latest placement for it..a good softimage render manager.!?!!? =p~

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: xsibatch = distributed rendering?

Post by xsisupport » 15 Feb 2010, 17:44

Royal Render and Deadline are two that I see customers using.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage