I'm having a serious issue with running Softimage on dual monitor setup. To make my life a little easier, I thought would solve this headache, I bought Display Fusion. I setup Display Fusion 'Window Location' the application is Softimage, both the BAT & EXE file I tried, set the monitor to load Softimage, onto Monitor 2, the mode to All Windows, and the Window Size to 'Run Selected function on the Window' all within Display Fusion. Softimage won't run, from neither the Bat file, or the EXE file without the error; Failed to load from a system failure.
There were a few occasions, where Softimage would load, although more often then not, Softimage wouldn't load without the error. I tried loading Softimage on display (2) same error, it loads Softimage onto display (1) instead of loading it onto display (2), with the above error. This is driving me insane, I've tried so many possibilities over the last two weeks. Display Fusion support, points it as a problem with Softimage.
Multiple Monitors Crashes Softimage
-
sonictk
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 04 Jan 2012, 03:01
Re: Multiple Monitors Crashes Softimage
yea multi monitors, especially monitors with different display resolutions, and XSI has always been a longtime issue for me. But running with Ultramon for now works for me after I discovered its scripting features. Maybe Display Fusion will have something similar you can try? (Load the XSI window at a specific position and resize it to a specific size instead of attaching it to the monitor? )
http://cgreminders.tumblr.com/post/4168 ... -different
http://cgreminders.tumblr.com/post/4168 ... -different
Set a custom script for Ultramon and in it have the following:
Const POS_LEFT = 1435 //whatever your first monitor res is
Const POS_TOP = 0 //if your 2nd monitor is top aligned then change this
Const WIDTH = 1605 //whatever your 2nd monitor res is
Const HEIGHT = 1180 //likewise
Const SHOWSTATE_NORMAL = 2
Set wnd = CreateObject(“UltraMon.Window”)
If wnd.GetForegroundWindow() = True Then
wnd.SHOWSTATE = SHOWSTATE_NORMAL
wnd.Left = POS_LEFT
wnd.Top = POS_TOP
wnd.Width = WIDTH
wnd.Height = HEIGHT
wnd.ApplyChanges 0
End If
And then assign this script to a Ultramon hotkey for moving a window to the 2nd monitor.
-
buzzliteyear
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 12 Dec 2012, 08:18
Re: Multiple Monitors Crashes Softimage
How to create the script in UltraMon?