ultimapper baking AO - white parts in stick area

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
flashgordy
Posts: 14
Joined: 15 Aug 2011, 12:57

ultimapper baking AO - white parts in stick area

Post by flashgordy » 25 Aug 2013, 13:17

Hi
when I bake AO with ultimnapper, results are strange.
In areas where two object stick together- should be baked in to black - like in Blender or other aplications.

In Softimage I have white color...why? I should change something in object props or something else?
this is irritating because I have color leaking and must fix in Photoshop...:/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
AceMastermind
Posts: 161
Joined: 14 Jun 2009, 22:57

Re: ultimapper baking AO - white parts in stick area

Post by AceMastermind » 25 Aug 2013, 23:35

Ultimapper is for transferring detail from hi-res objects to low-res objects. Your image suggests that the objects were already low-res. You should just use RenderMap to generate the AO.

flashgordy
Posts: 14
Joined: 15 Aug 2011, 12:57

Re: ultimapper baking AO - white parts in stick area

Post by flashgordy » 26 Aug 2013, 18:58

YES !!
thanks man !