I just built a Compound shader that extend the current VRayMtl shader with texture inputs and multipiler values for each texture
I reorganized a bit the PPG, due to integrate the texture input ports on bottom of each Tab.
With this compound you can manage indipendently the color and the texture of each texturable parameter like Diffuse, Reflection, Refraction and so on... as the 3dsmax VRayMtl shader do.
On the Compound node I exposed only the texturable ports.
Here is the Compound:
And here some screen:
Loki
my VRayMtl Compound with texmap multipliers
Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)
Loki's vRayMtl Compound I just built a Compound shader that extends the current VRayMtl shader with texture
inputs and multiplier values for each texture. I reorganized a bit the PPG, due to
integrate the texture input ports on bottom of each Tab.
With this compound you can independently manage the color and the texture of each texturable parameter like Diffuse, Reflection, Refraction and so on... as the 3dsmax VRayMtl shader do. On the Compound node I exposed only the texturable ports.
local backup: Loki_VRayMtl.xsirtcompound
With this compound you can independently manage the color and the texture of each texturable parameter like Diffuse, Reflection, Refraction and so on... as the 3dsmax VRayMtl shader do. On the Compound node I exposed only the texturable ports.
local backup: Loki_VRayMtl.xsirtcompound
author site: n/a / si-community thread
-
Loki
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 15:07
my VRayMtl Compound with texmap multipliers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(sorry for my english)
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: my VRayMtl Compound with texmap multipliers
A bit OT, how do you rate Vray in Softimage, they are giving upgrades?
-
Loki
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 15:07
Re: my VRayMtl Compound with texmap multipliers
I started to test it just some month ago and I'm using it only in spare time, so I didn't test it completely yet.
But for now, in a scale from 0 to 10, I think I can rate it 8.
I like the integration in Softimage, well made, and seems to be very stable.
In Chaosgroup forum, the staff seems to be careful about users questions and requests and yes, they are giving updates. Not often, but with good improvements. Last update was released this July.
I'm not using it in production yet, I've only an Evaluation License... but if VRay will continue to satisfy me as it are doing now, is quite sure I'll buy a commercial license.
But for now, in a scale from 0 to 10, I think I can rate it 8.
I like the integration in Softimage, well made, and seems to be very stable.
In Chaosgroup forum, the staff seems to be careful about users questions and requests and yes, they are giving updates. Not often, but with good improvements. Last update was released this July.
I'm not using it in production yet, I've only an Evaluation License... but if VRay will continue to satisfy me as it are doing now, is quite sure I'll buy a commercial license.
(sorry for my english)
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: my VRayMtl Compound with texmap multipliers
Thanks for feedback. It is good to know they made a good integration.
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: my VRayMtl Compound with texmap multipliers
The Chaosgroup guys are supportive and dedicated, and they listen to their customers.
Fully integrating a renderer like this into Softimage is a huge amount of work, and with the roadmap of Softimage being somewhat unclear, we are lucky that they continue to do so! Last year in Siegen they mentioned this being a long-term investment...
Fully integrating a renderer like this into Softimage is a huge amount of work, and with the roadmap of Softimage being somewhat unclear, we are lucky that they continue to do so! Last year in Siegen they mentioned this being a long-term investment...
-
adrencg
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50
Re: my VRayMtl Compound with texmap multipliers
Hopefully they're implementing 3.0, because it looks awesome. But I know they're more MAX-centric.