Features
Design from scratch starting with a box, sphere or cylinder of virtual clay.
Import: STL, OBJ, PLY, CLY to edit
Export: STL, OBJ, PLY, CLY, ZPC
Cubify Sculpt saves as a 3D print-ready STL.
Use push and pull tools to sculpt your digital clay. Adjust the strength and size of the sculpting tool for exact cavities and extrusions.
Design with symmetry when modeling a face or figurine.
Deform and reform your model by squishing and pulling whole objects.
Emboss with patterns and textures. Choose from Cubify Sculpt's library or import your own displacement map.
Add color with the paintbrush feature. Get your full-color design Cloudprinted with Colorstone material.
Cubify Sculpt
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Cubify Sculpt
http://cubify.com/sculpt
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Cubify Sculpt
Might be enlightening to add that it apparently costs $129. ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
AceMastermind
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 14 Jun 2009, 22:57
Re: Cubify Sculpt
Free online basic sculpting alternatives:
Blender also has some nice sculpting tools.
DrPetter's Sculptris is another good free sculpting app available through Pixologic.
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Cubify Sculpt
Sculptris. Even if it has been said already. Top notch. Especially in combination with zBrush.
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: Cubify Sculpt
Thanks for suggestions. I was intrigued by this Cubify Scupt as an i/o for PLY and STL files. No way to export/import those in Softimage. I think I had problems running that sculptfab in my browser (IE10, I think), but the sculptgl ran and also supports PLY and STL import/export.AceMastermind wrote:Free online basic sculpting alternatives: Blender also has some nice sculpting tools. DrPetter's Sculptris is another good free sculpting app available through Pixologic.
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Cubify Sculpt
Hi dwigfor,
Dan
Try MeshLab, it import/export PLY and STL files and you can bring the file in Softimage as an OBJ, 3DS or COLLADA via FBX.i/o for PLY and STL files. No way to export/import those in Softimage.
http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/Input/output in many formats:
import:PLY, STL, OFF, OBJ, 3DS, COLLADA, PTX, V3D, PTS, APTS, XYZ, GTS, TRI, ASC, X3D, X3DV, VRML, ALN
export:PLY, STL, OFF, OBJ, 3DS, COLLADA, VRML, DXF, GTS, U3D, IDTF, X3D
Point Clouds support. Now 3D files that are composed only by points are well supported in PLY and OBJ format.
U3D support; MeshLab is the first open source tool to provide direct conversion of 3D meshes into the U3D format. Now you can create pdf, like this with 3D objects with just MeshLab and LaTeX.
Dan
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: Cubify Sculpt
Thank Daniel. Forgot about that. I used it a while ago and forget what problems I had with it.. Meshing a point cloud? I think I generated a ply file from a 3d scan via kinect, but couldn't convert the points to triangles. I'll have to give it another shot.