Arnold Skin shader ported in Blender Cycles

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Arnold Skin shader ported in Blender Cycles

Post by Nizar » 13 Aug 2013, 09:14

Look pretty good:
Image
Image
Image

full post and link for download the shader:
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/sho ... -to-Cycles

scaron
Posts: 119
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 03:16

Re: Arnold Skin shader ported in Blender Cycles

Post by scaron » 13 Aug 2013, 17:12

i read the subject and was perplexed, so i read the link you provided and found the developer say this..
The skin shader in Arnold, however, is just an elaborate (and publically available) node group that I've emulated. While I've had to get creative in recreating some of the nodes that I take for granted in SoftImage with special groups, I haven't had to do any special coding to get things running, and I don't expect I will. Chalk that up to the great minds behind Blender's node system and Cycles itself.
and now it makes sense. because arnold doesn't have an official skin shader, he is copying a shader compound that andrea's bystrom started which was ported to cpp by the sitoa developer, stefano. also, andrea's was inspired by the mental ray skin shader...

s

User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Re: Arnold Skin shader ported in Blender Cycles

Post by Nizar » 13 Aug 2013, 19:45

I don't know nothing about arnold. Thanks for your note.