I am getting weird seams in my normal map. This is just a basic trim baked down into a tilable trim texture which I then projected on my window model.
I've done this before in Softimage. I'm not sure why it is giving me a problem now.
The screenshot will show the result and set up.
I used Ultimapper.
I'm getting this seam at each of the four corners. But there is no actualy seam in my normal map!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Please help with strange normals.
-
synergy11
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 05 Mar 2011, 21:38
Please help with strange normals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Rares
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 18 Oct 2012, 18:32
Re: Please help with strange normals.
Hi synergy11,
You already have a tangent property and that it's pointed to in the tangents subsection of the xsinormalmap ppg? Try unchecking unbiased normal map and unbiased tangents. Check your polygon normals also to make sure they're consistently pointing in the right direction, your case being roughly towards camera.
This video by Manny should provide some useful clues; https://vimeo.com/19399592.
Good luck.
You already have a tangent property and that it's pointed to in the tangents subsection of the xsinormalmap ppg? Try unchecking unbiased normal map and unbiased tangents. Check your polygon normals also to make sure they're consistently pointing in the right direction, your case being roughly towards camera.
This video by Manny should provide some useful clues; https://vimeo.com/19399592.
Good luck.