Flow Along Curve with nice flocking motion

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Gemini7
Posts: 14
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:09
Skype: gemini4147

Flow Along Curve with nice flocking motion

Post by Gemini7 » 07 Aug 2013, 12:49

Hi!

I would like to achieve a nice Flow Along Curve effect in ICE, but with a nice flocking motion.
For instance I emit from a sphere at the end of a curve, and the particles should follow the curve but with a nice flocking motion.

I tried turbulizing the speed or the particles positions, but could not achieve a nice effect.

I also tried the demo emflock 2, but could not find a solution to my problem with that.

Could you point me to the right direction, how to achieve a similar effect? Or maybe there is also a public compound for a similar
effect that I do not know.

Thanks in advance, it is quite urgent.
Robert

User avatar
nixx
Posts: 42
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:25

Re: Flow Along Curve with nice flocking motion

Post by nixx » 08 Aug 2013, 06:14

For a start, you could try getting the closest location on the curve, get the tangent vector of that location, turbulize it and set it as particle velocity.

Btw, emFlock is perfectly capable of that, with lots of precise control.
I 'm child, and man, and child again; the boy never gets older.

my Vimeo

nautilus
Posts: 29
Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 21:32

Re: Flow Along Curve with nice flocking motion

Post by nautilus » 08 Aug 2013, 09:27

maybe this one may point you in the right direction:
http://vimeo.com/1330615

Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags - HB

Gemini7
Posts: 14
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:09
Skype: gemini4147

Re: Flow Along Curve with nice flocking motion

Post by Gemini7 » 08 Aug 2013, 12:48

Thanks for your help, I will look into this.

nautilus
Posts: 29
Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 21:32

Re: Flow Along Curve with nice flocking motion

Post by nautilus » 08 Aug 2013, 13:25

nautilus wrote:Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags - HB
oops, didn´t know. will do in the future.