I'm not looking for C++ tutorials per se, what I'm looking for are pointers (pun intended) to the differences/pitfalls one encounters when starting out with the Softmage C++ API coming from scripting... ;)
from scripting to C++???
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
from scripting to C++???
As I am trying to make the leap from Python to the C++ API, I was wondering, if there is more information on the web along the lines of the Wiki-page "Porting Scripts to Cpp", to help make this transition as painless as possible...
I'm not looking for C++ tutorials per se, what I'm looking for are pointers (pun intended) to the differences/pitfalls one encounters when starting out with the Softmage C++ API coming from scripting... ;)
I'm not looking for C++ tutorials per se, what I'm looking for are pointers (pun intended) to the differences/pitfalls one encounters when starting out with the Softmage C++ API coming from scripting... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: from scripting to C++???
Not that I know of.
I would start the SDK Wizards. Generate a command that takes the selection as an argument, and start filling in some code to do simple stuff like checking the type or logging the classname.
Get used to working with CRefs and CValues, and understand how objects are implicitly converted between types.
For example:
I would start the SDK Wizards. Generate a command that takes the selection as an argument, and start filling in some code to do simple stuff like checking the type or logging the classname.
Get used to working with CRefs and CValues, and understand how objects are implicitly converted between types.
For example:
Code: Select all
PolygonMesh myMesh(myCube.GetActivePrimitive().GetGeometry());-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15