I'm simulating some tubes (for hair) using self collision, and no matter what settings I use, I still get geometry passing through each other. Does it really work?
Using ICE driven Syflex BTW.
How to get TRUE self collision with Syflex?????
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: How to get TRUE self collision with Syflex?????
Quite sure it works, just a question of simulation samples and inner and outer envelope settings i would say.
-
adrencg
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50
Re: How to get TRUE self collision with Syflex?????
I'm talking about self collision. There are no inner and outer envelope settings.
For samples, do you mean the "precision" setting? I put it at the lowest possible number I can, and I still get a lot of geometry passing through each other.
For samples, do you mean the "precision" setting? I put it at the lowest possible number I can, and I still get a lot of geometry passing through each other.
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: How to get TRUE self collision with Syflex?????
The geo needs to be fairly dense too.
I haven't had a lot of luck with a high number of self collisions though, tends to get jittery...
I haven't had a lot of luck with a high number of self collisions though, tends to get jittery...
-
csaez
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 13:31
- Skype: csaezmargotta
- Location: Sydney, Australia
