Instance Shape scale issues

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
xowgax
Posts: 18
Joined: 29 Aug 2009, 20:22

Instance Shape scale issues

Post by xowgax » 08 Dec 2009, 04:08

I'm running 7.01 and I'm having the weirdest issue with a simple Instance Shape node..
I've tried freezing the object & setting neutral pose with no luck (there's no animation on the object either)..
I think I'm just missing something very basic, any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: Instance Shape scale issues

Post by Rork » 08 Dec 2009, 09:42

Did you by any chance also freeze the transforms??

rob

edit: Didn't look properly at the image.... You already did that. :-B
No clue atm, sorry..
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

Leo
Posts: 128
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 15:06

Re: Instance Shape scale issues

Post by Leo » 08 Dec 2009, 13:35

I feel sorry for even asking this question, but what's your Scale on the Particles?

xowgax
Posts: 18
Joined: 29 Aug 2009, 20:22

Re: Instance Shape scale issues

Post by xowgax » 08 Dec 2009, 16:21

Leo wrote:I feel sorry for even asking this question, but what's your Scale on the Particles?
Scale: 1,1,1

Mass: 1
Size: 1
Direction: 0,0,0
Speed: 0

Other shapes such as a bottom-less cube, seem to instance fine with no scaling issues..

User avatar
origin
Posts: 619
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
Location: warsaw

Re: Instance Shape scale issues

Post by origin » 04 Jan 2010, 16:42

Hi, reset your neutral pose, then do freeze scale.

xowgax
Posts: 18
Joined: 29 Aug 2009, 20:22

Re: Instance Shape scale issues

Post by xowgax » 04 Jan 2010, 17:00

I'm assuming that by reset you meant remove.. Worked! Thanks!! :ymapplause: