Surface Constrain Question

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
jacobo
Posts: 41
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 22:06

Surface Constrain Question

Post by jacobo » 22 Jul 2013, 23:08

Hi;

There is a certain effect I need to achieve much like the surface constrain preset in ICE, except that I need a null to be constrained onto the surface of a poly object and yet be able to stick on to it's location on the surface as the object deforms. And the user also should be able to pick it up and slide across the surface to a new location as it still sticks on it. The surface constrain example sets up a null object that does not stick to its very location on the surface it is constrained to because it uses the "Constrain to closest Surface" high level ICE node. How can I achieve what I want?

Any tips, examples and advice would be wildly appreciated.

Thanx in advance and cheers;

AJ

caledonian_tartan
Posts: 253
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13

Re: Surface Constrain Question

Post by caledonian_tartan » 23 Jul 2013, 10:23

like that you could constrain to surface uv.
constrainNulltoUV.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64

grahamef
Posts: 281
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01

Re: Surface Constrain Question

Post by grahamef » 23 Jul 2013, 15:21

ICE > Kinematics > Constrain > To Closest Surface

http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d30e313690