Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
-
vvovv
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 10:24
- Skype: dydwnls
Post
by vvovv » 13 Jul 2013, 06:49
Octane for softimage - Not Yet.
Vray RT -Not Yet?
Thea Presto - Possible?
Which GPU Render can I use now with XSI animation?
Plus Does GPU Render can render Volume?
Does GPU Render can render Displacement map?
Help me

-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Post
by Draise » 13 Jul 2013, 17:02
I hear Arion is good. It is a bit out of my price range though. It is supposedly very well intergrated into SI. EDIT: just had a look at there site and the price is not too bad actually! The Live plugin.. might be released soon...
I tried playing with Octane and Thea, but the intergration was a bit cumbersome for animation export-render. I didn't try volume.
Another good new one, my personal favorite, is Redshift, but it's not released yet and still in alpha stage. Technically volume shaders are in the roadmap.
-
vvovv
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 10:24
- Skype: dydwnls
Post
by vvovv » 13 Jul 2013, 17:23
Draise wrote:I hear Arion is good. It is a bit out of my price range though. It is supposedly very well intergrated into SI. EDIT: just had a look at there site and the price is not too bad actually! The Live plugin.. might be released soon...
I tried playing with Octane and Thea, but the intergration was a bit cumbersome for animation export-render. I didn't try volume.
Another good new one, my personal favorite, is Redshift, but it's not released yet and still in alpha stage. Technically volume shaders are in the roadmap.
Thank you for reply. Arion looks great !!
Why Redshift is your personal favorite??
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 14 Jul 2013, 10:27
We've got a dedicated thread called
Announcing Redshift - Biased GPU Renderer, in which you can read a lot of opinions about it already.
Personally I however am starting to think everyone who joins their alpha must agree to praise the software excessively wherever possible.
But that's a joke, BTW.

Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Post
by SamHowell » 17 Jul 2013, 09:53
Don't forget Cycles. It's the only thing I use Blender for.
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Post
by ActionArt » 17 Jul 2013, 13:34
Hirazi Blue wrote:We've got a dedicated thread called
Announcing Redshift - Biased GPU Renderer, in which you can read a lot of opinions about it already.
Personally I however am starting to think everyone who joins their alpha must agree to praise the software excessively wherever possible.
But that's a joke, BTW.


It's right in the contract, say great things or you're out! In reality it's just hard not to when you try it. There'll be a lot of happy people when this is released.
-
adrencg
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50
Post
by adrencg » 10 Aug 2013, 02:02
Hirazi Blue wrote:We've got a dedicated thread called
Announcing Redshift - Biased GPU Renderer, in which you can read a lot of opinions about it already.
Personally I however am starting to think everyone who joins their alpha must agree to praise the software excessively wherever possible.
But that's a joke, BTW.

It's because it's really great. Once it has hair and full ICE support, it'll be the Unicorn of renderers.
-
acidkittens
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 19 Mar 2013, 10:08
- Location: sydney Australia
Post
by acidkittens » 10 Aug 2013, 09:23
Unicorns Rule

-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 10 Aug 2013, 09:39
Sorry, I'd really rather have a work horse than some highly imaginary unicorn. Unless I can pay for it in make-belief money as well...

Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
adrencg
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50
Post
by adrencg » 10 Aug 2013, 16:39
Hirazi Blue wrote:Sorry, I'd really rather have a work horse than some highly imaginary unicorn. Unless I can pay for it in make-belief money as well...

Maybe I should have used the term "Holy Grail" instead of Unicorn.