I can set Topology attribute only once in ICETree?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
keeper
Posts: 19
Joined: 07 Jul 2013, 09:39

I can set Topology attribute only once in ICETree?

Post by keeper » 13 Jul 2013, 06:35

As I understand, Topology attribute can be set via Set Topology multiple times, but it updating only after ICETree was evaluated? For example using Set Topology with Repeat.

grahamef
Posts: 281
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01

Re: I can set Topology attribute only once in ICETree?

Post by grahamef » 15 Jul 2013, 16:52

No the topology updates whenever you set it. For example, if you set topology, then get the number of points, and then subdivide, the number of points is the correct value pre-subdivision.

However, I would advise against setting the Topology attribute inside a Repeat or While loop because that can be slow. If you don't actually need the intermediate topology (for example, you are not using any geo queries), then it's much faster to store the topology as a custom attribute inside the loop, and then set Topology once when you are outside of the loop.