Working with large scenes (SI 2012).

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
Judicator
Posts: 39
Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 07:26

Working with large scenes (SI 2012).

Post by Judicator » 08 Jul 2013, 08:32

Hey, guys.
I have a scene with about 20k objects, 10k particles and one extremely heavy mesh. Every single object is animated.
The question is... How do I make SoftImage handle the scene? I know 3DS Max has proxies to deal with it plus objects there automatically go lo-res when you zoom out.
Is there something like this in SI 2012?

User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: Working with large scenes (SI 2012).

Post by Rork » 08 Jul 2013, 09:44

SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

Judicator
Posts: 39
Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 07:26

Re: Working with large scenes (SI 2012).

Post by Judicator » 08 Jul 2013, 10:54

I'll try that. Should be useful. Thanx!