I have an FBX file exported from ImageModeler. It has Locators (essentially Nulls) in it that do not show up in Softimage when imported, yet they show up in the trial of 3DSMAX, so I know the Locators are 'in there'. If I export the FBX from 3DSMAX and import THAT into Softimage ... the Locators are there. I've tried to wash the FBX through the FBX Converter (2012, 2013..) but I get the same non-results.
FBX out of ImageModeler is the only format that supports the Locators, so no OBJ, etc..
I'd just keep using 3DSMAX but ... the trial expired. Figures. Anyone else ever have FBX file issues like this in Softimage and suggest a workaround? I have other files I need to get into Softimage.
Thanks,
Marc
FBX Import Missing Components
General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
-
chepmedia
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 27 Jun 2013, 20:19
FBX Import Missing Components
Post by chepmedia » 06 Jul 2013, 03:47
- Board index
- All times are UTC
- Privacy Policy
- Contact / Legal Notice
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
Return to “General & Troubleshooting”
Jump to
- Guidelines
- Read me first
- General
- ↳ News
- ↳ Announcements
- ↳ Migration
- ↳ 3ds Max
- ↳ Blender
- ↳ Cinema 4D
- ↳ Houdini
- ↳ Maya
- ↳ Modo
- ↳ Fabric Engine
- ↳ Other software
- ↳ Cooperation & Jobs
- ↳ Open Discussion
- ↳ Feedback
- Showroom
- ↳ WIP
- ↳ Finished Work
- ICE section
- ↳ ICE
- ↳ ICE & Math
- ↳ ICE Tutorials
- Softimage
- ↳ Modeling
- ↳ Materials & Shaders
- ↳ Animation
- ↳ Rigging & Face Robot
- ↳ Rendering
- ↳ Compositing
- ↳ Simulation
- ↳ Programming
- ↳ Softimage Mod Tool
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Tutorials
- ↳ Tutorials on YouTube
- ↳ General & Troubleshooting
- Download
- ↳ Upload Instructions
- ↳ Models&Scenes
- ↳ ICE Compounds
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Materials
- ↳ Scripts
- ↳ FX-Tree
- Archived Forums
- ↳ Community Projects
- ↳ Community Animation Project
- ↳ Legacy CAP archive
- ↳ Community ICE Project