Comments on finished work
-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Post
by mixepix » 02 Jul 2013, 12:49
As I'm usually stuck with a job for a fairly long time when I'm working on commercial projects I was longing for something quick n' dirty so I created this ridiculous web series just for fun. I have to create the episodes pretty fast to be able to make new ones reasonably often and work on my regular commercial projects at the same time so vfx-wise it's not that impressive. It's really more like some form of comedy based rnd but I'm happy with it
The tagline is, "Someone will die within 6 seconds".

Hope you like it!
http://www.youtube.com/user/mixepix
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 02 Jul 2013, 20:48
I like it!
How much time do you take from start to finish (filming & VFX) per episode?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Post
by mixepix » 02 Jul 2013, 21:53
Thanks!

It's hard to say for sure as I'm doing them whenever I have some time on my hand but I shoot a bunch of them at the same time and then maybe a day's worth of work per episode in post. Probably/hopefully less in the future. I needed to do a lot of unnecessary roto in the first couple of episodes, due to lazy shooting, like painting out a jogger behind the bus stop and stupid stuff like that. That slowed me down quite a bit.
-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Post
by mixepix » 27 Aug 2013, 15:22
I put them all together in a longer episode. The intro got kinda annoying when you were watching more than one of them.
http://youtu.be/5lpWWw0MEd4
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Post
by Eugen » 27 Aug 2013, 15:43
Haha... my kind of humor! Very good timing, also.
Thanks!
-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Post
by mixepix » 27 Aug 2013, 15:53
Thanks! Glad you liked it.

-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Post
by owei » 27 Aug 2013, 16:27
LOL...I like it!

-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Post
by mixepix » 27 Aug 2013, 18:33
Happy, that you enjoyed it!
