Here you can find ICE tutorials and learning material
-
claudevervoort
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 00:56
- Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
Post
by claudevervoort » 27 Nov 2009, 02:00
Hi!
I am by no mean an ICE expert, but to push my knowledge a bit further I self imposed a little challenge: build a vine that grows on some geometry. You can see the final result
here.
I have gathered the steps I took to get the result in a PDF tutorial, in case you are interested. It can be found
here. That's only my take at it and all comments are welcome
Claude
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 28 Nov 2009, 08:32
Looks interesting! Thanks...

Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
ace63
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30
Post
by ace63 » 29 Nov 2009, 12:01
Thank you very much, stuff like this is always great for the community!
-
rconover
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 22:16
Post
by rconover » 06 Dec 2009, 03:46
Many Thanks Claude!
Any chance you could provide an example scene too?
The pdf is good for the theory-but I find that several of the images isolate the branches of your ICETree a bit too much. And there is nothing showing the Tree complete. So even having some idea what you are saying and having some ICE knowledge (but still learning) I find it a bit tricky to get valid results so far. Even in the early steps.
So I’d imagine an ICE novice should get quite lost. Reverse engineering (a finished scene) can go a long way.
many thanks again
ral
-
claudevervoort
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 00:56
- Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
Post
by claudevervoort » 06 Dec 2009, 22:48
Hi Ral,
That's good feedback
So I quickly assembled the 2 ICE main ICE trees. I've also zipped up the 2010 scene (
here) and the leaf quick morph image sequences (
here)
I hope this makes it a bit more digestible.
Claude
-
B-Maui
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 09:57
Post
by B-Maui » 10 Jun 2010, 10:33
that' s interesting!
if i only had it few weeks ago!!!
thanks to share!
-
talent103
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
- Location: New York City
Post
by talent103 » 19 Jan 2013, 23:31
Many Thanks! I will give this a try this week.
John
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Post
by Eugen » 15 Jan 2014, 17:53
Nice tool, thanks or sharing! (took me 4 years to notice = )
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Post
by Eugen » 15 Jan 2014, 19:59
Hi, a question:
I'm trying to pack the vine generator into a model for easy re-use, but the leaves cease to work then (branches are good). Looks like they remain at size 0. If I pull them back out, they grow properly again.
Any idea why? I'm checking all the get data nodes in the ICE tree, but cannot find the reason.
Thanks!
Eugen
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Post
by Eugen » 16 Jan 2014, 08:44
Allow me to give this a bump...
It would be very handy to have this example in a model, so it can be added quickly to a scene.
Problem is, that the leaves point cloud does not work properly any more when it is put into a model. I guess some name space problem.
My ICE knowledge is not profound enough to fix this - I tried.
Many thanks if anybody likes to have a look...
Best,
Eugen
-
nikaragua86
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 20 Apr 2012, 21:08
Post
by nikaragua86 » 16 Jan 2014, 23:32
yo raps, man, i`ve found a workaround of this bug - you pack the stuff into model, export it, then you open the scene that you want, import the model, and get the pointcloud_leaves out of the model into the scene root (or simply take all stuff out of the model into the scene root) - it works fine for me, write if you will(will not) succeed )))))
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Post
by Eugen » 17 Jan 2014, 10:52
Hi, thanks! That's what I'm going to do as plan B... = )
Best,
Eugen