Melena rendering. Why do I not see anything?
-
adrencg
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50
Melena rendering. Why do I not see anything?
I've shaded Kristinka in the past with the stadard XSi hair shader, but I see nothing when I apply that shader to Melena strands. Is there another node I need to add to the ICE tree?
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Melena rendering. Why do I not see anything?
maybe you can fix it with this:
Find Melena node called 'get position on strand'. In yellow (vector) port, plug Get>Self.StrandPosition. Next row: Get>Self.StrandRatio, plug this into rescale node, in rescale, set 'target start' to something slightly more than zero, 0.01 or so. Rescale goes into green ( scalar) port. Plug 'get position on strand' somewhere at the end ( bottom) of ICE tree - into Set>Self.StrandPosition.
If this helps, this is a behavior of having the first strand segment on top of point position, which then could make some renderer to do nothing - as far as I know with MR it was in case of final gathering.
If this doesn't help, then, well I don't know.
Find Melena node called 'get position on strand'. In yellow (vector) port, plug Get>Self.StrandPosition. Next row: Get>Self.StrandRatio, plug this into rescale node, in rescale, set 'target start' to something slightly more than zero, 0.01 or so. Rescale goes into green ( scalar) port. Plug 'get position on strand' somewhere at the end ( bottom) of ICE tree - into Set>Self.StrandPosition.
If this helps, this is a behavior of having the first strand segment on top of point position, which then could make some renderer to do nothing - as far as I know with MR it was in case of final gathering.
If this doesn't help, then, well I don't know.
-
adrencg
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50
Re: Melena rendering. Why do I not see anything?
Sorry I didn't understand that last part when talk about the bottom of the Ice tree. What am I missing?


-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Melena rendering. Why do I not see anything?
so, plug 'get position on strand' into Set data>self.strandposition. Create new port on 'create strands from guide curves', plug 'Set data>self.strandposition' into this port. That is, after ' create strands on guide curves'.
Goal is to slightly re-sample strand array, so first strand segments doesn't sit on point position anymore.
Goal is to slightly re-sample strand array, so first strand segments doesn't sit on point position anymore.