Keyboard mapping issues with non US keyboards

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Keyboard mapping issues with non US keyboards

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 26 Jun 2013, 19:48

I reported this 6 months ago for 2013. Some keys cannot be mapped for non US keyboards, because of whatever mess up happened with the keymap editor. This can lead to very unexpected behavior. Also older keymaps from before AD still work but often cannot be reproduced. Yes, there are people who like to use their own configurations. That's what this editor is meant for.

Example:
keymap_issues.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm now part of an endangered species...

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Keyboard mapping issues with non US keyboards

Post by Hirazi Blue » 26 Jun 2013, 20:24

It all depends (to some degree) on the type of non-US keyboard (as there are many) you want to use. For German (I followed the trail to your website) rray (AKA ray in this earlier incarnation) posted this on the German Softimage Forum. The post, however, is about 7 years old, so I haven't gotten any kind of clue if it still works. And I can't recall if I gave you this potentially wrong answer earlier already (but that has to do with my own age...)
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Keyboard mapping issues with non US keyboards

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 26 Jun 2013, 20:31

Hirazi Blue wrote:It all depends (to some degree) on the type of non-US keyboard (as there are many) you want to use. For German (I followed the trail to your website) rray (AKA ray in this earlier incarnation) posted this on the German Softimage Forum. The post, however, is about 7 years old, so I haven't gotten any kind of clue if it still works. And I can't recall if I gave you this potentially wrong answer earlier already (but that has to do with my own age...)
;)
My keyboard map is also 7 years old and it still works. New mappings (configuring an XSI at the clients site) however lead to problems. It's messed up since 2011 or so...
I didn't try editing the xml though but I'm pretty sure it's not in the xml where the mapping errors happen ;)
Thank's for the link anyway.
I'm now part of an endangered species...