VRay scene from 3ds Max to Softimage

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
DLW
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Jun 2013, 07:29

VRay scene from 3ds Max to Softimage

Post by DLW » 25 Jun 2013, 11:52

Hi guys
I'm trying Vray for Softimage and I like it. But I have problems on converting scenes from 3ds Max to Softimage.
As first, the "import materials from vrscene file" command imports only materials and it's quite annoying to re-apply all the materials to each model or cluster.
Second, lots of times this command imports only a void material library, with no materials inside.
Someone could help me on found a good workflow to import scenes from Max to Softimage?

DLW

julca
Posts: 145
Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 12:24

Re: VRay scene from 3ds Max to Softimage

Post by julca » 25 Jun 2013, 15:42

For your empty material library :
Open your vrscene file and check all your "GeomStaticMesh" entries and remove all of them.

I hope that help you.