Hi,
I have been trying to use a texture map to set the color of my particles. As explained in this section of the softimage user manual:
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d30e289800
Very straight forward, and usually no issue.
But I keep coming up against the same issue with this where it will no long pass the color through to the render. The viewport shows them colored with the information from the texture map, but when rendered they revert back to the material color...
I have already over come the issue when using instanced objects, where for some reason they point cloud and the instance both require the same material assigned to them before the render engine (mental ray) will pick up the texture map assigned color, but I am not using a instance in this case.
I really am at a loss as to why the particles are not coloring as shown in the view port, does any one know or has come across this before? Any advice would be a real help..
Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags - HB
Texture Map particle Color Fail
-
thomashogben
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 21 Oct 2012, 21:07
Texture Map particle Color Fail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Texture Map particle Color Fail
Don't you have to use a Color Attribute node in the render tree to get the particle color, and then plug that into your surface shader?
-
thomashogben
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 21 Oct 2012, 21:07
Re: Texture Map particle Color Fail
Thank you Xsi Support.. I still have a lot to learn, its these little things that I miss that throw me off course.. Yes adding in the color attribute does pull the color through to the render.
Thank you.
Thank you.