shadster wrote:
the questions in my minde are: did they emit particles from the video fotage or did they emit from a mesh that has motion capture files or what exactly? any ideas, compounds, tutorials??
Well I believed this is created in Blender, when someone didn't know how to spend free time

.
Don't believe there is anything else than plain 3d here. Motion seems to be to be simple, randomized rotations, moved center of rotation, or like. Exploded meshes, strands or cylinders created from edges of triangles, randomized clones, strand trails...
For start, I think you could take look at factory examples of strand trails. Let's say, to experiment with 'generate strand trails' compound. Create some emission, rotate the emitter.
Or, generate strand trails over flowing emission, around some mesh - using 'flow around surface' compound.
Accompanying story is impressive, but implementation... I don't think so. It's very annoying to see these faceted trails, no motion blur or any other smooth transition. Also, at least some kind of turbulence, 'dart throw', any kind of avoidance, instead of that plain, overlapped random emission.