Shameless self promotion

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

Shameless self promotion

Post by dwigfor » 14 Jun 2013, 18:03

Hey guys. I got nominated for a Daytime Emmy award! :D

Outstanding Promotional Announcement - Episodic
Dora's Fantastic Gymnastics Adventure Campaign
(David Wigforss, CG Animator)

http://emmyonline.org/mediacenter/_pdf/ ... _v03.6.pdf
(pg 12)

Wish me luck, tonight!

PS. No Softimage for the spot, but I'm using it on this current scene I'm working on! :)

Falam

Re: Shameless self promotion

Post by Falam » 14 Jun 2013, 18:15

Your going to the Emmys or they will only announce your name, if won ? Good, wish you the best of success :).

Image

User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

Re: Shameless self promotion

Post by dwigfor » 14 Jun 2013, 18:27

Going and if we (Dora) wins, they'll probably just announce Dora. I'm assuming we'll all go up on stage. The rest of the people listed for the Emmy are pretty much all NY or live action people. Kuni, Miken, and I are the only ones directly connected with the show. Kuni used to be an animator on Akira!

Unfortunately, they probably won't televise it, since no one cares about the people that actually make stuff. They only care about Actors.. :))

Falam

Re: Shameless self promotion

Post by Falam » 14 Jun 2013, 18:49

dwigfor wrote:Going and if we (Dora) wins, they'll probably just announce Dora. I'm assuming we'll all go up on stage. The rest of the people listed for the Emmy are pretty much all NY or live action people. Kuni, Miken, and I are the only ones directly connected with the show. Kuni used to be an animator on Akira!

Unfortunately, they probably won't televise it, since no one cares about the people that actually make stuff. They only care about Actors.. :))
True. Date a Hollywood Actress :)

User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

Re: Shameless self promotion

Post by dwigfor » 15 Jun 2013, 04:26

Awww lost to another Nick production, Will Smith and the Kids Choice Awards... Maybe next time's third times a charm..

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Shameless self promotion

Post by Bullit » 15 Jun 2013, 15:11

Even then Congrats. A nomination is already something worthwhile.

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: Shameless self promotion

Post by Draise » 16 Jun 2013, 18:18

Congratulations! A nomination is something. We, a few years ago, got nominated to the national TV awards in this little country, it certainly opened doors for us either way, even if we didn't win.