Hi
If any one knows how to create a simple matte shadow material that would be great, currently just cant get a solution.
thanks
Arnold matte shadow pass??
-
Haimund
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 29 Mar 2013, 00:24
Re: Arnold matte shadow pass??
Illumination/shadow?
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: Arnold matte shadow pass??
Shadow catcher? Or a solid colour with no bounce? Eh?
You can possibly use SI's Shadow shader or Simple Shadow for shadow catching. You can see the results in the alpha pass of the render preview.
Or you can use the Utility shader, with RGB value or something, don't remember clearly. But a solid colour (for a matte pass) can be used with the Utility shader. You can also switch it to only lambert, for example.
Not sure if I should be sharing this.........
You should try the SItoA mailing list, maybe they can answer you there.
You can possibly use SI's Shadow shader or Simple Shadow for shadow catching. You can see the results in the alpha pass of the render preview.
Or you can use the Utility shader, with RGB value or something, don't remember clearly. But a solid colour (for a matte pass) can be used with the Utility shader. You can also switch it to only lambert, for example.
Not sure if I should be sharing this.........
You should try the SItoA mailing list, maybe they can answer you there.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Arnold matte shadow pass??
Maybe check how sIBL implemented it.
-
cnever
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 02 Jun 2011, 09:02
Re: Arnold matte shadow pass??
@ draise - Thanks, I will use it for many things but mainly to get shadows on floor separate to use in comp, why shouldn't you share this? I will look into utility but not sure it will give the same result.
@ bullit not sure what sIBL is, sorry?
I will let you know what works best but currently the shadow shader (SI default) in the color of standard (arnold) works pretty well. I somehow just missed that shadow shader and kept on trying the MIP matte shadow, which I knew was for mental ray
thanks
@ bullit not sure what sIBL is, sorry?
I will let you know what works best but currently the shadow shader (SI default) in the color of standard (arnold) works pretty well. I somehow just missed that shadow shader and kept on trying the MIP matte shadow, which I knew was for mental ray
thanks
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Arnold matte shadow pass??
Why don't you ask your Arnold questions on the SItoA mailing list?cnever wrote:@ draise - ... why shouldn't you share this?
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Arnold matte shadow pass??
I was wondering about this....
As Arnold is available to some schools nowadays, how do they students get their info and questions answered?
They have no access to the Arnold mailinglist as far as I know....
And some of the questioners have access to Arnold through.. well... less legal channels I guess.
As Arnold is available to some schools nowadays, how do they students get their info and questions answered?
They have no access to the Arnold mailinglist as far as I know....
And some of the questioners have access to Arnold through.. well... less legal channels I guess.
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Arnold matte shadow pass??
@ bullit not sure what sIBL is, sorry?
http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/
It has options to set up an Arnold scene so i believe it would come with some sort of matte shadow in ground material.
http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/
It has options to set up an Arnold scene so i believe it would come with some sort of matte shadow in ground material.
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: Arnold matte shadow pass??
Hey cool! HDR labs. I should use that more often.
Concerning the SItoA mailing list and Arnold information, those with access all have to be in an Non Disclosure Agreement. It is somewhat .. exclusive... Thus the doubt about sharing! I do recall the agreement does allow to share info with immediate parties in the same institution or business, that would help the schools with access to Arnold.
I do wish there were some open forums for Arnold somewhere, or a more extensive manual (which is getting better slowly) or some tutorials anyone can find and use (very hard to come by). Maybe with time, once they get their business model more clearer - it might be more open.....
I think at the rate Redshift is developing, forums, the community, the technology, Arnold may have a good run for it's money!
Concerning the SItoA mailing list and Arnold information, those with access all have to be in an Non Disclosure Agreement. It is somewhat .. exclusive... Thus the doubt about sharing! I do recall the agreement does allow to share info with immediate parties in the same institution or business, that would help the schools with access to Arnold.
I do wish there were some open forums for Arnold somewhere, or a more extensive manual (which is getting better slowly) or some tutorials anyone can find and use (very hard to come by). Maybe with time, once they get their business model more clearer - it might be more open.....
I think at the rate Redshift is developing, forums, the community, the technology, Arnold may have a good run for it's money!
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Arnold matte shadow pass??
Hi,
if you like sIBL, have a look at this for Lightsmith lights: http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/Ya ... 1361971347
if you like sIBL, have a look at this for Lightsmith lights: http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/Ya ... 1361971347
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!