Help with get closest points node?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
j4m3s
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 14:37

Help with get closest points node?

Post by j4m3s » 13 Jun 2013, 12:00

I'm new here, so hello to everyone.

I'm having a little trouble with a scene. - I've got a simulated pointcloud with a number of points and a polygon mesh grid. I've been using an ICE tree based around a 'get closest points' node to transfer attributes onto the polygon mesh. My issue is that although this works most of the time, sometimes it doesn't find the points, even though they are there (i.e. I can see them on the screen). These areas tend to be in blocks. In this scene, the render output is black if it has located a particle and green if it has not - mild speckling is expected but large blocks are not.
ClosestPoint.zip

Strangely, If I rotate the camera, pointcloud and polygon mesh together in world space, the blocks move position.
In this render there are black areas at the corners
Example-Camera Rotated 0deg.jpg
Example-Camera Rotated 45deg.jpg
I've done two renders at different rotations to get one render with no errors, but it doesn't seem ideal. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks,

James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.