FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
There is no info about this being FumeFX. Where did you read that?
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
Fume is now standalone plugin so maybe its mr.core's integration? Would be great since Mootz moved to market where he can actually earn money (MODO) ?
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
@origin: Mr. Mootz is quite busy on emFluid5 right now. No worries, he is still developing for Softimage ;)
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
I think this EFX nodes are FumeFX but i am not sure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
eternal art
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 20:48
- Location: UAE - Abu Dhabi
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
Fume Fx plugin inside ICE is awesome , hope this news is correct , Mr.Core can you say anything about this ?
3D Supervisor - Production House .
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
Hmm in the end you just can't compare fumefx and emfluid.
emfluid:
http://vimeo.com/60339686
fumefx:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0mYDiBbV6E
The example of fumefx here can't be done with emfluid. Maybe it can be done, but with lets say 20 times higher simulation times ?
What I wanted to say is:
I would be happy to see fumefx inside of softimage.
emfluid:
http://vimeo.com/60339686
fumefx:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0mYDiBbV6E
The example of fumefx here can't be done with emfluid. Maybe it can be done, but with lets say 20 times higher simulation times ?
What I wanted to say is:
I would be happy to see fumefx inside of softimage.
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
Helli, before you state something like this, take a look at Adrian´s test ;)
..but right, right now there is a gab between them...but the new version will be much better..
...and, by the way, please use the URL tags ;)
But, I don´t think that Mr. Core is implementing Fume..maybe EFX stands for Exocortex FX..??
cheers,
oli
..but right, right now there is a gab between them...but the new version will be much better..
...and, by the way, please use the URL tags ;)
But, I don´t think that Mr. Core is implementing Fume..maybe EFX stands for Exocortex FX..??
cheers,
oli
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
Owei but thats somehow what I posted:
Maybe it can be done, but with lets say 20 times higher simulation times ?
And actually thats the first high density test that I've seen so far so please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying emfluid isn't good.
It's just that I haven't seen anything so far which comes near to the results of fume in a predictable simulation time.
Definitly looking forward to the new version!
If you accept more beta testers I would be glad to test it.
Maybe it can be done, but with lets say 20 times higher simulation times ?
And actually thats the first high density test that I've seen so far so please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying emfluid isn't good.
It's just that I haven't seen anything so far which comes near to the results of fume in a predictable simulation time.
Definitly looking forward to the new version!
If you accept more beta testers I would be glad to test it.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
This is Explosia FX, ICE based voxel fire and smoke simulator
as posted in this thread: https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... 74&start=0
as posted in this thread: https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... 74&start=0
-
hamed19
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 28 Nov 2013, 07:17
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
this FFX nodes are FumeFX.
but i dont know how

but i dont know how

-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
thats totally a thunder on a clear sky o.O I'd say finally! hopefully its confirmed and not fake.
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
Man ... I just hope this is not fake! If it's true ... than we could convince Thinkbox to also port Krakatoa. Could you guys imagine ICE + Krakatoa + Fume? Oh boy...
I don't know ... but I have a feeling lately that Softimage has been gaining more attention. Don't know why ... but let's hope!
I don't know ... but I have a feeling lately that Softimage has been gaining more attention. Don't know why ... but let's hope!
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
well that screen is 2 years old. So either development stopped or i have no idea. Would be nice to have some confirmation but i'm afraid it wont come ^^
-
Mr.Core
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 10:35
- Skype: giga-core
- Location: Kharkov, Ukraine
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
Well that was a first april joke for russian softimage forum ( dated by 2013 ) and photoshoped by me
Do not beat me
The only fluidy thing which in development right now - is my own fluid simulator which is not ready yet . Example render https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juv23ghdY24
cheers
The only fluidy thing which in development right now - is my own fluid simulator which is not ready yet . Example render https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juv23ghdY24
cheers
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: FumeFX for Softimage in Beta?
You are a bad man!Mr.Core wrote:Well that was a first april joke for russian softimage forum ( dated by 2013 ) and photoshoped by meDo not beat me
![]()
The only fluidy thing which in development right now - is my own fluid simulator which is not ready yet . Example render https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juv23ghdY24
cheers
But Explosia is looking good.