Hi
I have several objects to UV and I would like the linear UVs to be calculated and regularized with Subdivision deformation taken into account.
The way I did this is LW was to have a morph (blend shape) picked up from an object copy, subdivided and frozen.
I've noticed Regularize takes the blend shape into account, I just don't know how to move the vertices to their subdivision end positions in SI.
Cheers
UV Unfold and Regularize with Subdivision surfaces.
-
probiner
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52
-
probiner
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52
Re: UV Unfold and Regularize with Subdivision surfaces.
Ok... let me rephrase it.
How do I transfer attributes in ICE from a subdivided object into another one (the SubD cage), given that they share a UV projection?
This way I could just make a proxy UV, read the point positions on my object and the point positions on a duplicate with Local Subdivision Refinement applied and just add on the object's points position to get them into their Subdivided positions and generate a new Linear UV where the polygons' size fit the 3D space more.
Get Closest Location on UVs sort of thing?
Here's the LW plugin I use with this in mind. http://www.artstorm.net/plugins/conform-by-uv/
Thanks
How do I transfer attributes in ICE from a subdivided object into another one (the SubD cage), given that they share a UV projection?
This way I could just make a proxy UV, read the point positions on my object and the point positions on a duplicate with Local Subdivision Refinement applied and just add on the object's points position to get them into their Subdivided positions and generate a new Linear UV where the polygons' size fit the 3D space more.
Get Closest Location on UVs sort of thing?
Here's the LW plugin I use with this in mind. http://www.artstorm.net/plugins/conform-by-uv/
Thanks
-
Manticor
- Posts: 160
- Joined: 09 Jun 2011, 20:41
Re: UV Unfold and Regularize with Subdivision surfaces.
https://www.si-community.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=7027
think this might be what youre looking for
think this might be what youre looking for
-
probiner
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52
Re: UV Unfold and Regularize with Subdivision surfaces.
Looks very much like it. I'll replicate it tomorrow. Thanks a lot 