JingWu gate

Comments on finished work
infinityx
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Nov 2010, 06:59
Location: Czech Republic

JingWu gate

Post by infinityx » 04 Jun 2013, 18:34

Hi

I saw this scene in my favorite movie, Fist of Legend with Jet Li, I liked the scene so I decide to recreate.
All is done in softimage, rendered with arnold:

Image

here is the original scene for comparison, some changes were made :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLL9plgz0pg

all comments are welcome :)

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: JingWu gate

Post by Hirazi Blue » 04 Jun 2013, 20:04

Looks good, but I am missing an object (a warrior?) to give it a sense of scale. This way it is hard to tell from the image if its a tiny or a colossal structure, if you understand what I mean.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: JingWu gate

Post by Draise » 04 Jun 2013, 21:27

I like what you got going on with the foilage!

infinityx
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Nov 2010, 06:59
Location: Czech Republic

Re: JingWu gate

Post by infinityx » 04 Jun 2013, 21:30

thanks for the comment

I have also a feeling it is missing "something". I'm about to add some fighting characters to the scene, but I'm just a CG hobbist(unfortunately) so it will take some time to study the characters modeling etc. :)

User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: JingWu gate

Post by Rork » 05 Jun 2013, 09:41

You could use the XSI man as a start. 'Just' dress him up ;-)
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: JingWu gate

Post by Hirazi Blue » 05 Jun 2013, 10:36

A fallen (XSI) horse might help also
& would be easier to dress up for the occasion, I think.
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: JingWu gate

Post by Rork » 05 Jun 2013, 11:12

I beg to differ..... ;-)

Image
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!