Error with Skin from scrubbing timeline bewteen clips

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Error with Skin from scrubbing timeline bewteen clips

Post by Draise » 31 May 2013, 00:20

As you can see from the image attached, my rig has a serious issue.

Image

The skin has deformed out of proportions. Something terrible has happened, and this is triggered when I blend two certain clips with a Cardinal Blend or with clip weight transitions in the clip mixer. I cannot fix this with any undo, and I can't fix it after it has been done. I often have to reload the scene or reload the rig. This may happen again with other clips.

I assumed that this was due to a clip from an old rig and a clip from a new rig that would be doing this..But I am not sure.

More often than not, the standard transition tool fixes this. But.. even then....

How can I avoid this issue? Does anyone know what is going on? Why does this happen when I scrub through the timeline through two clip blends?

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: Error with Skin from scrubbing timeline bewteen clips

Post by Draise » 31 May 2013, 02:24

Found the clips to be saving incorrectly (thus causing the error), saved the previous animation again as another clip, and.. it worked ok. No errors. Took me all afternoon to narrow down which clip was erroring, why, and how to fix it.. Ergh...

If you ever get a Cardinal Transition that corrupts the mesh like this at the end of a clip, make sure the clip is not corrupt! Save the animation again as a new clip, and... sometimes it magically fixes itself again.

Rig is made in Gear, slightly modified, Softimage 2013, Windows 8.