Hello everyone.
I have just finished a 500 frame sequence render of ICE particles. The render looks cool with motion blur and all but I have a problem. Particles keeps popping out of nowhere and disappears again. And some vanishes for one frame and reappears again. As you can tell this looks really bad. The first 100 frames are flawless it's the later frames that has this problem. BTW it's rendered with MR.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
ICE Particle Instance Appearing and Disappearing in Render
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
ICE Particle Instance Appearing and Disappearing in Render
Last edited by Caveman on 30 May 2013, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
-
julca
- Posts: 145
- Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 12:24
Re: ICE Particle Instance Appearing and Dissapearing in Render
Hello Caveman,
If same black frame render well in local (quick render region) check your computers installation on your renderfarm.
Did you use a particular plugin for your particles ?
If same black frame render well in local (quick render region) check your computers installation on your renderfarm.
Did you use a particular plugin for your particles ?
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: ICE Particle Instance Appearing and Dissapearing in Render
Hey thanks for the reply.
I have found the cause. I rendered 1-100 on a dual quad core machine and the rest on a quad core machine. It seems that I can't render ICE particles on two different computers as the particles gets messed up. I have already got the particles cached I wonder why it isn't working.
Thanks.
I have found the cause. I rendered 1-100 on a dual quad core machine and the rest on a quad core machine. It seems that I can't render ICE particles on two different computers as the particles gets messed up. I have already got the particles cached I wonder why it isn't working.
Thanks.
-
julca
- Posts: 145
- Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 12:24
Re: ICE Particle Instance Appearing and Dissapearing in Render
Normally it should work.
Is your cache is really accessible (not a local path like C: or D: ?) on your second machine ?
Is your cache is really accessible (not a local path like C: or D: ?) on your second machine ?
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: ICE Particle Instance Appearing and Dissapearing in Render
Yes I have set the cache location correctly. I have disconnected the simulation and set the cache on file to read mode, and it plays fine. Instead of using the cache on file node in the ICE tree, maybe I should check if the other cache option in SI works.
-
julca
- Posts: 145
- Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 12:24
Re: ICE Particle Instance Appearing and Disappearing in Render
Open your scene manually on your computer which render black frames, make a preview and check your logs
.
I hope that help you.
I hope that help you.