Send To issues

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Send To issues

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 25 May 2013, 13:58

I still wasn't able to find out why on my machines the send to doesn't work at all, but I found, that I'm not the only one having these problems.
Area:
http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk ... to-mudbox/


I'm in contact with support now but I wanted to ask if someone here has a suite or soft and mudbox or maya installed not on the C: drive and can use the send to function properly?
Actually the AD support wasn't able to google, because they told me, I'm the only one with this issue... :-?
I'm now part of an endangered species...

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Send To issues

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 27 May 2013, 20:16

Yepp, that's it. "Send to" does not work with installations other than on C:.
Well done AD, another dehancement.
apologizer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm now part of an endangered species...

User avatar
origin
Posts: 619
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
Location: warsaw

Re: Send To issues

Post by origin » 27 May 2013, 20:39

prop.AddParameter2('Money to transfer',siInt4,0,0,0,0,0)

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Send To issues

Post by luceric » 28 May 2013, 11:53

interesting, this must be because the installer doesn't update the synergy config file. it can be modified by hand.

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Send To issues

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 29 May 2013, 12:50

luceric wrote:interesting, this must be because the installer doesn't update the synergy config file. it can be modified by hand.
Actually, the synconfig files point to the right directories. That was the first thing I checked.

@origin
Apologizer 2014 AP will have a batch mode.

PS: I found the new icons are very helpful when uninstalling AD software....
I'm now part of an endangered species...

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Send To issues

Post by luceric » 29 May 2013, 19:44

can you PM me your support case number, or any bug ID so I can make sure the bug is logged with all info

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Send To issues

Post by luceric » 31 May 2013, 00:44

if you're running our of space on the C: drive, you can move a winter folder, for example C:\Program Files\Autodesk to another drive, and create a junction point to map to that folder's original location to the new one

http://comptb.cects.com/2268-overview-t ... in-windows

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Send To issues

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 02 Jun 2013, 13:23

luceric wrote:if you're running our of space on the C: drive, you can move a winter folder, for example C:\Program Files\Autodesk to another drive, and create a junction point to map to that folder's original location to the new one

http://comptb.cects.com/2268-overview-t ... in-windows
Thanks for the tip, but I prefer not to complicate things even more. I'd rather try to free up some space, because it can only be temporary right? ( muahahaha...)
I only need sent to on my workstations so it's not to big. But the tip may help others.
I'm now part of an endangered species...