Python problems

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Python problems

Post by adrencg » 23 May 2013, 13:30

Python 2.6 works fine in 2013 sp1 (I can use Species).

In 2014 (2.7) Species has errors. How is your 2014 Python working?

Falam

Re: Python problems

Post by Falam » 23 May 2013, 13:38

adrencg wrote:Python 2.6 works fine in 2013 sp1 (I can use Species).

In 2014 (2.7) Species has errors. How is your 2014 Python working?
Did you upgrade to Python 2.7 and update your environment path ?

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Python problems

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 May 2013, 14:00

"Internal" Python I presume... If so there are more problems - apparently with the necessary pywin32 - as is also described in this thread, where I got the advise to "fall back" on an "external" Python 2.6
The RCTools are affected as well. I never tried Species, but I assume this to be the same problem...

There should be a service pack in the works, one might hope... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

EricTRocks
Moderator
Posts: 754
Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41

Re: Python problems

Post by EricTRocks » 23 May 2013, 16:08

@adrencg:

Please email me or Chris and we can work to get you straightened out. It's working fine for us on 2014 in our internal build. Are you using Species 1.6.1?
Eric Thivierge
Lead Kraken Developer, Fabric Engine
http://fabric-engine.github.io/Kraken