How to render as AVI/MOV/GIF

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
jayhenrique
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 May 2013, 18:14

How to render as AVI/MOV/GIF

Post by jayhenrique » 15 May 2013, 17:26

Hi guys, might seem a simple question but I have no idea how to do it in Softimage, I dont even know how to look for that in the foruns.

I have a simple walking animation, no lights, constant shading, very simple, i just need to save it as an animated file, but the render options are a little bit too confusing for me, hope you guys can help me on that matter.

kinda like this, it was made in 3ds a loooong time ago:

Image

Thanks in advance

User avatar
SamHowell
Posts: 364
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
Location: Birmingham

Re: How to render as AVI/MOV/GIF

Post by SamHowell » 17 May 2013, 15:12

You can't create GIf with Softimage.

You can use the Post-Process Movie Creation option to the convert your frames at the end.

Render/Render/Pass Options/Movie tab.

Or you can use the flipbook to convert your frames.