Vray envImage : rotation

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
julius
Posts: 248
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56

Vray envImage : rotation

Post by julius » 15 May 2013, 09:06

Hi all,

I'm trying Vray for softimage, and I'm using a dome light with HDRI. want to rotate my HDRI env in order to change my shadows orientation, but the rotation value in the vray envImage isn't taken into account.... Impossible to rotate directly the light too. What's the procedure to rotate my HDRI ? That's a bug isn't it ?

Thanks for the info.

azurecgi
Posts: 171
Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11

Re: Vray envImage : rotation

Post by azurecgi » 15 May 2013, 12:44

Sounds like it could be a bug!

Have you reported this in the Chaos Group forum?

julius
Posts: 248
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56

Re: Vray envImage : rotation

Post by julius » 15 May 2013, 14:25

I'haven't yet since I'm not used to Vray and wasn't sure that was a bug.

azurecgi
Posts: 171
Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11

Re: Vray envImage : rotation

Post by azurecgi » 15 May 2013, 15:13

I have a full version of Vray for SI.

Let me run a quick test and if it does look like a bug, I'll post it up in the relevant forum!

azurecgi
Posts: 171
Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11

Re: Vray envImage : rotation

Post by azurecgi » 15 May 2013, 15:30

OK!

I've tested it, and it seems to be working here.

How exactly are you applying the environment image to the dome light?

azurecgi
Posts: 171
Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11

Re: Vray envImage : rotation

Post by azurecgi » 15 May 2013, 15:45

Here is my setup;
Vray_Dome_Light_Texture_Test.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

julius
Posts: 248
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56

Re: Vray envImage : rotation

Post by julius » 15 May 2013, 18:57

ok sorry, it's working too. I have two dome lights, and one of them does not affect the diffuse in the options panel, so I was tweaking the wrong one.... Shame on me ! :D