Fbx from softimage to max , give me different scale

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
KLONOA WORKS
Posts: 41
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 11:21

Fbx from softimage to max , give me different scale

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 13 May 2013, 09:42

Hi,

I finish a small room and I want to give it to my friend he is using max the problem is, the scale is different .
I am using human reference that my friend gave me .

but when I import it to the max the room scale small and the human reference big .

if I export and import as Obj the scale is fine #-o

so why the Fbx not give me the same result when I export it as obj ? ~x(

User avatar
gustavoeb
Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
Skype: gustavoboehs

Re: Fbx from softimage to max , give me different scale

Post by gustavoeb » 13 May 2013, 11:40

By default FBX will consider 1 centimeter in Max = 1 SI unit. If you want something different then that you can, under options, set the scaling to manual and have that changed to 1=10 or 1=0,1 or whatever suites you best.
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

User avatar
KLONOA WORKS
Posts: 41
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 11:21

Re: Fbx from softimage to max , give me different scale

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 13 May 2013, 13:47

gustavoeb wrote:By default FBX will consider 1 centimeter in Max = 1 SI unit. If you want something different then that you can, under options, set the scaling to manual and have that changed to 1=10 or 1=0,1 or whatever suites you best.
so you mean Fbx in max =1 cm = 1unit which mean 10cm in SI .

anyway I only change the system unit setup in max from inch to cm

and its work :D

thanks alot I was bit confuse you save my day :ympray:

Chris_TC
Posts: 411
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43

Re: Fbx from softimage to max , give me different scale

Post by Chris_TC » 13 May 2013, 18:18

KLONOA WORKS wrote:so you mean Fbx in max =1 cm = 1unit which mean 10cm in SI .
We've spent countless hours trying to figure out how it works, but I'm still not entirely sure.

We use meters in Max. To get there, I model "1 unit = 1 meter" in SI. But when I import into Max, I have to specify the FBX units as centimeters in the import dialog. For some reason, that way the scale is correct.