Duplicate Symm Problem

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
Falam

Duplicate Symm Problem

Post by Falam » 10 May 2013, 14:59

I'm having a problem with duplicated symmetrically. This video should demonstrate what is happening the object on the left, which is a parent with children is how I want it to duplicate on the right, hopefully you'll see the difference. I've toggled every option within the duplicate symmetrical PPG, all objects SRT are frozen on local coordinates.

video

Falam

Re: Duplicate Symm Problem

Post by Falam » 10 May 2013, 15:46

I found a solution, if anyone wants to share an alternative solution as to why duplicate symmetry isn't working as I had hoped, the stage is yours.

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: Duplicate Symm Problem

Post by Diurno » 12 May 2013, 16:32

never had that problem before. Dunno what is you solution, but you can try instead of using simmetry, just freeze the scaling, duplicate the object (if they are more than one add it under a model, a null or a parent,and then set the scale to -1 (in the axys you want the simmetry). Then freeze the transform to reset the negative scale.