starcraft ghost character rig problem

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
ibra
Posts: 91
Joined: 26 Apr 2013, 11:07
Skype: hendeweh

starcraft ghost character rig problem

Post by ibra » 05 May 2013, 03:44

hello guys im doing this character for fan art...
i am trying to rig him and i found this tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EybhtjnwAPY
( if someone has better reverse foot rig tutorial please link)
anyways, i finished the foot rig and i am trying to duplicate symmetry the rig to the other side but its not working... any ideas?
thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NNois
Posts: 754
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33

Re: starcraft ghost character rig problem

Post by NNois » 05 May 2013, 19:58

It's interesting being a rigger but sometimes... why boring reinventing the weel? http://jeremiepasserin.com/gear/

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: starcraft ghost character rig problem

Post by Draise » 05 May 2013, 20:42

Heh, I used to be in that spot not long ago. I found the nulls usually didn't mirror properly once they have constraints, so I preferred using curves geometry (I think it fixed it, don't remember).

Anyway, I think you must be following this tutorial I kinda blogged about on a small forum I like to hang out in here.

And on the symmetry side of things, I think building the control objects symmetrically then mirroring the bone structure THEN placing constraints on both legs with the already symmetricised control nulls and bones, avoids that problem.. albiet with more work.

But I quickly stopped learning rigging from scratch because of GEAR, and it helped a lot. It does most of the donkey work for you, then you can modify what it builds automatically afterwards. It's great!

It's also useful for learning how to make awesome rigs. :-bd

ibra
Posts: 91
Joined: 26 Apr 2013, 11:07
Skype: hendeweh

Re: starcraft ghost character rig problem

Post by ibra » 05 May 2013, 20:53

wow i agree guys, i mean im a modeller learning animation, with basic knowlege of rigging, why should i rig if there is gear!
thank you so much im gonna download it and spend the night checking it out. it certainly beats the hell out of the biped guide!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/