Compositing

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
Acrobat
Posts: 31
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 21:50

Compositing

Post by Acrobat » 04 May 2013, 12:50

Anyone know a guide for render compositing? I'm shocked how some artist can add atmosphere and makes interesting a simple rendering with compositing post production. Where can I learn about?

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Compositing

Post by Bullit » 04 May 2013, 14:17

There are several videos in Youtube. And a search over all web will show many others.

Acrobat
Posts: 31
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 21:50

Re: Compositing

Post by Acrobat » 04 May 2013, 14:32

hi,
I found only basic one (i.e. how composing with beauty and AO, nothing about adding atmosphere or some special effect. In any case I found only something like "press this, open this other" and not a exhaustive guide about how and why.

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Compositing

Post by Bullit » 04 May 2013, 16:06

You are talking atmosphere well defined in Vue D'Esprit way : clouds etc?

Acrobat
Posts: 31
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 21:50

Re: Compositing

Post by Acrobat » 04 May 2013, 16:42

oh no, I mean the feeling, the mood of the image. Sorry for worse english (and thanks for your reply)

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Compositing

Post by Bullit » 04 May 2013, 18:05

In FXtree you have several filters, play with them also do tutorials about FXtree. Check here in the forum tutorial references.