Problem with Add Edge Tool
-
gaboraa
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14
Problem with Add Edge Tool
I am having a problem with add edge tool and I don't know if others are experiencing it as well. Normally when the tool is active, you can add edge loops by middle mouse button but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I wonder if I have a problem with my mouse.
-
Chris Chia
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 03:10
Re: Problem with Add Edge Tool
Interesting, it never works for me.gaboraa wrote:I am having a problem with add edge tool and I don't know if others are experiencing it as well. Normally when the tool is active, you can add edge loops by middle mouse button but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I wonder if I have a problem with my mouse.
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Problem with Add Edge Tool
Middle mouse is "fan mode" (adding many edges from the same point) for the add edge tool
there's an other tool called "split edge" that does add a loop via middle click though
there's an other tool called "split edge" that does add a loop via middle click though
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
gaboraa
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14
Re: Problem with Add Edge Tool
If only it worked, then I wouldn't have changed the tool to add edge loops
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Problem with Add Edge Tool
Yes these two could be combined into one tool, would make sense.
For other tools like tweak and move component it would first seem like it'd make sense too to combine them, but sometimes it's good to have similar tools in two configurations (like one in tweak local Y and one in slide on surface mode) and be able to use two hotkeys to quickly switch between them.
For other tools like tweak and move component it would first seem like it'd make sense too to combine them, but sometimes it's good to have similar tools in two configurations (like one in tweak local Y and one in slide on surface mode) and be able to use two hotkeys to quickly switch between them.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
j3st3r
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 07:13
Re: Problem with Add Edge Tool
If you add edge with the LMB it works, if you click on an edge with MMB, it won't work, because it needs a vertex from where the fan will be built.